In this episode, we will be discussing the realities of cutting a thick (at least thick for the 3040 CNC see more here: bit.ly/2iPTzgu ) piece of 10mm aluminum. It seems the third time was the charm and my first success with using the CAM module of Fusion 360!
Couple CAM/Cut Notes:
1. I used YTF 6mm shank / 3mm x 10mm 2 flute cutter HSS endmill for all of these options
2. I found the Boring strategy to be better to create a recess then the pocketing
3. For boring I used 0.5mm cut depth at 250mm/min
4. For the 2D Contour (cut out) I used 0.25mm cut depth at 250mm/min with step of 6mm/sec (too slow)
5. I used amzn.to/2I5zALU cut with some water as lubricant / coolant.
Also if you looking for a crazy affordable 5 Axis (yes you read that correctly) CNC, then check these out: bit.ly/2Y1zTLL
One of the handiest tools as a maker I have is the CO2 laser as they are VERY affordable, check these out for yourself: bit.ly/2kJuG8I
Please visit bit.ly/1PJb2UK for more information on this and many other projects!
Follow us on Instagram:
Subscribe to the DIY3DTech YouTube Channel:
Subscribe to the DIY3DTech OpenSCAD Channel:
If your looking for looking 3D Printer, Laser Cutter and CNC Swag (T-Shirts, Hats, Mugs, etc), please support the channel by visiting our online shop at: swag.DIY3DTech.com